To make BMCRI & attached Hospitals a CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
on par with Central Institutes
VISION FOR ACADEMICS :
- Digitalization of classrooms – to teach using many online resources, introduce e-log
books for students, many assessments (internals/formative) can be done online.
- Faculty development programme (FDP) to improve teaching – Because of introduction
of new curriculum- (Competency based medical education- CBME), faculty require
training for small group teaching, innovative methods in teaching, giving effective
feedback to students, etc..
- Improve Skills laboratory for UGs and PGs – useful for practicing clinical skills, useful
especially during pandemic like COVID (currently, BMCRI has advanced simulation
centre useful for PGs, need to get many manikins useful for Undergraduates)
VISION FOR RESEARCH :
- To start new Research wing – to streamline all the research activities of BMCRI.
- Multi-disciplinary Research Unit (MRU) to be started – (Molecular biology sponsored by
RGUHS will start in new OPD block by pathology), but all basic science departments
should start their research activities in MRU.
- Research funding for UG and PG should be initiated.
- Collaborative research with institutes like IISc, DST, CSIR should be initiated.
- Collaboration with Pharmaceutical industries should be initiated for clinical trials –
VISION FOR ATTACHED HOSPITALS :
(Victoria / Vanivilas / Minto / PMSSY / Trauma Care Centre )
- All patients care under one roof.
- Speciality clinics in the evenings.
- Digitalization of the entire Hospital to make a paper free environment.
– OPDs, Wards , Labs, upgradation of ICUs.
- Modular Nursing stations.
- Procurement of modern high end Equipments for all departments.